Sunday, September 9, 2012

Christian Death



I have recently listened a lot to the American deathrock-band called Christian Death and I really like it, as usual. I have listened to them for about 10-12 years now but I have been bad collecting all records that I want to have from them, when Rozz Williams, who started the band at the age of 16, still is the vocalist.

For you who haven't listened to this great band yet, Rozz Williams (born 1963 as Roger Alan Painter, the name Rozz Williams he took from a gravestone he found at a cemetary) started the band in the late 70's. They were signed to Frontier Records wich released "Only Theatre of Pain" in 1982 and that was their debut album. There is of course a lot more you can read about them. If you are interested click right here.

The name "Christian Death" was a play on words of "Christian Dior", the fashion designer. 

Rozz Williams committed suicide in 1998. I have a CD at home wich is a tribute to him where bands like for example Laibach have made own mixed versions of songs that he sings on.

3 comments:

  1. Hade typ glömt bort detta bandet. Var ljusår sen jag lyssnade på nåt med dom^^ Skoj, ska nog leta upp nån gammal skiva och lyssna in mig lite igen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was checking conѕtantly this blog
    anԁ Ӏ am impressed! Extremely useful information specifіcally the last pаrt :) Ι care foг ѕuсh
    information much. I was ѕeekіng this particular information
    foг a very long tіmе. Thank
    you аnԁ gooԁ luck.
    Feel free to visit my page - fireplace tile

    ReplyDelete